Gum Disease Treatment
Periodontal disease is a serious infection under your gum line.
ARESTIN® (minocycline hydrochloride) is an antibiotic that kills the bacteria that causes the infection.
- It’s placed directly in the infected areas—or “pockets”—in your gums.
- It’s applied right after scaling and root planing, the dental procedure that disrupts stubborn plaque and bacteria below your gum line—where brushing and flossing can’t reach.
ARESTIN® starts working quickly, right at the source of infection, and keeps fighting bacteria long after you leave the dental office.1,2
ARESTIN® fights infection and inflammation for 30 days,2 and provides significantly better results than scaling and root planing alone for up to 90 days.3
1. Oringer RJ, Al-Shammari KF, Aldredge WA, et al. Effect of locally administered minocycline microspheres on markers of bone resorption. J Periodontol 2002;73:835-842.
2. Goodson JM, Gunsollwy JC, Grossi SG, et al. Minocycline HCl microspheres reduce red-complex bacteria in periodontal disease therapy. J Periodontol 2007;78(8):1568-1579.
3. Williams RC, Paquette DW, Offenbacher S, et al. Treatment of periodontitis by local administration of minocycline microspheres: a controlled trial. J Periodontol 2001;72:1535-1544.
New Patient Special
View Our Helpful Links & Get Started Today
HAPPY PATIENTS. BIG SMILES.
"I’ve been here a few times now and had both fillings and pulled teeth, the dentist is always gentle, careful to make sure I’m completely numb, and considerate of my terrible fear of being here due to past bad experiences. They are great!"
- Tammy S.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Mon10:00am - 6:00pm
Tue10:00am - 6:00pm
Wed10:00am - 6:00pm
Thur10:00am - 6:00pm
Fri10:00am - 6:00pm